Jonathan T. Swain
Jonathan T. Swain is the President of the law firm of Lindner & Marsack, S.C. He devotes his practice to labor and employment law issues. Mr. Swain is distinguished in the areas of Labor and Employment Law - Management by The Best Lawyers in America; is recognized as a Top Lawyer in Wisconsin and a Wisconsin Super Lawyer; and enjoys a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating.
Mr. Swain consults with clients concerning contract administration and collective bargaining strategies. His responsibilities include acting as chief spokesperson at the bargaining table. He also represents employers in the area of individual rights and responsibilities in the workplace with particular emphasis on employment discrimination.
Jonathan T. Swain has taught courses at the college level in the area of personnel management and labor law and frequently speaks on topics of employment law:
- Trends in contract negotiations
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Discrimination in the workplace
- Maintaining non-union status and
- Trends in the National Labor Relations Board and state and federal courts
Mr. Swain has been a contributing writer to the Business Journal of Milwaukee on labor and employment-related developments. Governor Tommy Thompson appointed him to the Governor's Advisory Council on Judicial Selection for the State of Wisconsin in 1987. He was a member until 2001.
Senator Robert Kasten appointed Mr. Swain to the Federal Merit Section Commission for the United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin in 1991. In 1994, Governor Thompson appointed Mr. Swain to the Wisconsin Labor Management Council where he served as its management co-chair.
- Wisconsin, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit